MR PRANAB KATAKY
Year of establishment: 1988
>The department of Sociology was established in 1988. In the same year H.S. course was introduced from 1990 General Course and 1993 Major Course were started in undergraduate level. Since its inception the department has been trying to extend the Sociological knowledge to the students in H.S. and under graduate level. The department always tries to maintain a congenial academic atmosphere for which. Students in Major Course show better result in comparison to their entry level result. The main causes behind the better academic achievement of students are good academic environment of the college, regular classes, continuous and comprehensive evaluation process, academic counseling of students, resourceful library etc.
MR PRANAB KATAKY
DR PRADIP BORAH
MRS RIVA DUWARAH
|COURSE||TOTAL SEATS ALLOTED||SYLLABUS|
|H S (Arts)||120|
|B.A. Non-major/Generic Elective (per class)||150|
|FACULTY NAME||AREA OF EXPERTISE||MRP/RESEARCH PAPERS|
|Mr Pranab Kataky||
• M.Phil Thesis on ‘Status of Mishing Women in Assam’ with special reference to Lakhimpur District of Assam
• Sociology General. TDC 2nd Yr. Chapter published by Director of Distance Education, Dibrugarh University, ISBN-978-81-924664-1-5.
|Dr. Pradip Borah||
• M.Phil Dissertation on “Changing Role and Status of Tiwa Women’’ A Sociological Study.
• PH.D. Thesis on ‘Women in Teaching Profession’, A Sociological study in College Teachers in Assam
• Women Entrepreneurship in Dhemaji District in Assam, A sociological study, published by Indian Sociological Society, JNU, ISBN-0-19-808283-5.
• Gender Gap in Teaching Profession, A sociological study, Published by North Eastern Research Sulletin, Vol.XXII (Special Issue) August/2013, ISSN-0975-8305.
|Ms. Riva Duarah||
Bharatiya Samajat Narir Samajik Sthan (Social Position of Women in Indian Society)
Nari: Samaj, Sahitya, Sangskriti, ISBN-978-81-923294-4-4
: Movement for Self Determination in the Districts of Karbi Anglong and Dima Hassao. Bikiran, ISSN-2278-3415, Annual Journal of Dhemaji-Dhakuakhana Zonal Committee, ACTA, 2013-14
:Madhya Jugar Asmat Narir Samajik Sthan ( Social position of Women in Medieval Assam) Bikiran, ISSN-2278-3415, Annual Journal of Dhemaji-Dhakuakhana Zonal Committee, ACTA, 2017-18.
:Unabingsh Satikat Asomar Unnayanat BuddhijibiSakalar Bhumika. ( Role of Intellectuals in the development of Assam in the ninetieth and twentieth Century. Dapun, ISSN -2349-5057 Annual Journal of Dhemaji College Women Cell,
:Bharatiya Samajat Varna aru Jati ( Varna and Caste in Indian Society) Bikiran, ISSN-2278-3415, Annual Journal of Dhemaji-Dhakuakhana Zonal Committee, ACTA, 2015-16.