Year of establishment: 1988
The Department of Education was established with the establishment of the college in the year 1988. Initially, the Department rendered Higher Secondary Course only. Gradually, it provided Three Year Degree Course (TDC) under Dibrugarh University and has been offering Major/Honours Course in Education since 1996. The Department has been focussing on interactive approach in the transaction of curriculum so as to develop an explorative mind and communicative skills among the learners. It is also concerned with the pedagogic improvement of the college as a whole.
DR LEKHAN GOGOI
|COURSE||TOTAL SEATS ALLOTED||SYLLABUS|
|H S (Arts)||120|
|H S (Science)||120|
|FACULTY NAME||AREA OF EXPERTISE||MRP/RESEARCH PAPERS|
|Girindra Saikia||History of Education||
* M.Phil. on the topic “Causes and Remedies of Educational Backwardness Among Tribal Women in Rural Area:
A Case Study with Special Reference to Mising Women in Dhemaji Sub-Division in the Distrct of Dhemaji, Assam”
• 01 (one) unit of Self Learning Materials on Advanced Educational Psychology, M.A. (Education), DDE, Dibrugarh University, viz. Block-4, Unit II: Assessment of Personality: Projective Techniques.
|Hiranya Gogoi||Educational Organisation and Administration||
• M. Phil. on the topic “ Social and Psychological Problems of College Students: A Case Study with Special Reference to Dhemaji District of Assam”.
• Completed one UGC sponsored Minor Research Project as Co-Investigator in 2013 on a topic entitled as “Historical monuments of Assam- its prospect on Tourism”.
• Completed one UGC sponsored Minor Research Project as Principal investigator (2014 to 2016) on a topic entitled as “Attitude and awareness towards population Education among the under graduate level of students in Dhemaji District of Assam”.
• Role of NGO in Rural Development, in Rural Development: Issues and Strategies in India: with special reference to North-East. Edited by Dr. Dipen Saikia, Moridhal College, ISBN- 978-81-923294-6, 2012.
• Population Education an overview, in The Research, A Book of Social Science, Edited. By Hiranya Konch and Thagendra Chutia, Harhi College, Dhakuakhana, ISBN-978-93-5087-702-9, January-2013.
• Political Empowerment of Women and its Obstacles, in Political participation of Rural Women in NE India Edited by Dr. Kamal Gogoi, ISBN-978-82-923294-3-7, Aug.-2013.
• Gandhi and Non-violence, in Gandhi and His Philosophy, Edited by Dr. D Saikia and D. Dutta, ISBN 978-81-923294-1-3, Aug.-2013.
• Women Empowerment through Education, in Nari Samaj and Sanaskriti, Edited by Dr. Kabita Gogoi, ISBN 978-81-923294-4-4, Sept.-2013.
• Importance of Audio Visual Aids in Higher Education, in Higher Education its problem and Prospects Edited by R. Handique and T. Chutia ISBN 978-93-5104-152-8, Dec.-2013.
• Ghoguha Dol and Maghnowa Dol, in Place for Tourist Attraction, Publication- Panigaon OPD College, Panigaon, Lakhimpur, ISBN 978-81-925209-4-0, Nov.- 2014.
• Education: A Tool of Women Empowerment, in Uttaranat Naaree Edited by Lily Cheleng, North Lakhimpur College Publication Committee, ISBN: 978-81-925881-0-0, 2014.
• ‘Class Room Management- A Pivotal Issue of Quality Management in Higher Education’ Beacon Vol.-I, Study Circle, Moridhal College, 2003.
• Mahila Sabalikaranar Babe Shiksha, in Naksha, Edited by Naba Kr. Chamua, ISSN-2319-5193, Nov./2013.
• Mental Health and Education, Bikiran, Annual Journal of Dhemaji-Dhakuakhana Zonal Committee, ACTA, ISSN 2278-3415, Session 2013-14.
• Problems of Female Education, Third Concept, an International Journal, ISSN 0970-7247, January- 2015.
|Dr. Lekhan Gogoi||Mental Hygiene and Abnormal Psychology Teacher Education||
• 30 months research experience as Project Associate in a UGC Major Research Project conducted on a topic entitled, “A Critical Evaluation of the Teaching-Learning Systems
Adopted for the Orientation of the University and College Teachers in the Existing Academic Staff Colleges in India.” in the Department of Education, Dibrugarh University, w.e.f. 03-02-1999.
• Ph. D. Degree was awarded by the Department of Education, Dibrugarh University on 18.12.2008 on the topic entitled, “A Critical Study of the Existing Systems of Teaching and Learning in the Secondary Teacher Education Institutions in Assam.”
• Supervised 6 (six) Dissertations of M.A. (Education) Programme of IGNOU Regional Centre, Jorhat.
• Conducted 5 independent studies the reports of which were published in different Journals.
• Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, Education of Weaker Sections and Reservation in Higher Education: A Random Thought, in DR. B.R. AMBEDKAR – Messiah of Dalit, Edtd. by S. Devi, Krantikal Prakashan, Nagaon. p – 212
• 02 (two) units in 01 (one) Block of Self Learning Materials on Advanced Educational Psychology, M.A. (Education), DDE, Dibrugarh University, viz. Block-3,
Unit I: Meaning and Nature of Intelligence
Unit II: Cognitive Theories of Intelligence
• Challenges of Teachers in the Twenty First Century: A Random Thought, in Teaching Profession in 21st Century: Challenges, Perspectives and Prospects with Special Reference to North East India, Edtd. By Dr. Kilumoni Chutia, Kiran Prakashan, Dhemaji, 2019.
• Issues and Priority Areas of Research in Teacher Education, DU-JE, Vol. VI(6), Department Education, Dibrugarh University, 2000 (Joint paper- Co-author)).
• Orientation Programme of the Academic Staff Colleges in India: An Evaluation, University News, Vol. 39(36), AIU, New Delhi, ISSN-0566-2257, 2001, p 6-10 (Joint Paper- Co-author).
• Resource Generation in Higher Education, University News, Vol.40 (1), AIU, New Delhi, ISSN-0566-2257, 2002, p 6 – 9.
• Teaching Methods Adopted for Quality Development in Higher Education, BEACON, Vol. 1(1), Study Circle, Moridhal College, Dhemaji, 2003.
• Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation: An Innovative Practice, BEACON, Vol. 1(2), Study Circle, Moridhal College, Dhemaji, 2003.
• Whither Financing in Higher Education (A Recent Trend in India), BEACON, Vol. 2(1), Study Circle, Moridhal College, Dhemaji, 2004.
• Developing Employability: A Task Ahead for Higher Education Institutions, University News, Vol. 48(28), AIU, New Delhi, ISSN-0566-2257, July 12-18, 2010, p112.
• Community Perception towards Students Involvement in Politics, BEACON, Vol. V (1), Studies and Research Centre for Indigenous Tribes, Moridhal College, ISSN-2250-1282, 2011, p 70 – 77.
• Political Intervention in Higher Education Institutions in India, Journal of Education and Development, Vol.1 (2), Jakir Hussain B.Ed. College, ISSN- 2248 -9703, December 2011, p 64 – 75.
• Teaching for Developing Skills of English Language in Vernacular Secondary Schools in Assam, Journal of Education and Development, Vol. 2 (3), Jakir Hussain B.Ed. College, ISSN- 2248 -9703, June 2012, p 169 – 177 (Joint Paper – Main Author).
• Education with ICT: An Emerging Need for Developing Employability, Journal of Knowledge, Vol. 1 (1), Jakir Hussain B.Ed. College, ISSN- 2321 -791X, August 2013, p 176.
• Teaching for English as Second Language in the Vernacular Secondary Schools in Assam, Journal of Education and Development, Vol. 3 (6), Jakir Hussain B.Ed. College, ISSN- 2248 -9703, December, 2013, p 253 (Joint Paper- Main Author).
• Vartaman Shikshar Aantohrastriya Prekshyapat -I, ARUNUDOY, Vol.3, Mar-April, 2105, Arunudoy Gosthi Asom, ISSN-2394 -3890.
• Vartaman Shikshar Aantohrastriya Prekshyapat -II, ARUNUDOY, Vol.5, Jul-Aug, 2105, Arunudoy Gosthi Asom, ISSN-2394 -3890.
• Daayavoddho Shikshadan Aaru Path Parikalpana, ARUNUDOY, Vol.2(2), Jan-Feb, 2106, Arunudoy Gosthi Asom, ISSN-2394 -3890.
• Pachanda Bhittik Credit Paddhati: Bharatiya Uccha Sikshat Ek Anivarya Sanksar, ARUNUDOY, Vol. 2(5), Sept-Oct, 2106, Arunudoy Gosthi Asom, ISSN-2394 -3890.
• Brainstorming Paddhatir Joriyote Sristishilota Vikash Koru Aahok, ARUNUDOY, Vol.3 (1) Mar-April, 2017, Arunudoy Gosthi Asom, ISSN-2394 -3890.
• Samprotik Shikshar Vanijyikikoronot GATS-or Probhav, ARUNUDOY, Vol.5 (5) Nov-Dec, 2019, Arunudoy Gosthi Asom, ISSN-2394 -3890.
• Retrieval of Best Practices in the Assurance of Quality in Higher Education, Workshop Volume edited by H. Goswami, IQAC, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh, 2009, p 104 (Joint Author – Main Author).
• Niyoog Kshamata Bikash: Uccha Shikshar Babe Pratyahban, Nir (periodical), Vol. Dibrugarh, 2012.