DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
Year of establishment: 1988
The department of Political Science of the college was started in 1988
since the inception of the college to impart wide knowledge on Political Science. The department has
a good Academic environment and the Faculties of the department is very dedicated and maintained regularities
and punctualities. Proper guidance as well as career and academic counselling have been provided to the students
as regular activities by the faculties of the department. Till that more than 2500 (Major) students have been
passed out from this department and out of which a good no’s of students completed their higher studies and obtained Govt. Jobs.
- A good no’s of text books, reference books and regular journals are there in the Central Library of the college
for the fulfilment of the needs of the students. Besides this, there is a small library in the department with sufficient
text and reference books for the faculties and the major course students.
- Wi-Fi connectivity in the college campus to avail e-books and e-journals facilitated through Central Library of the college.
- Offered academic and personal counselling to students by the faculty.
- Regular Academic guidance and counselling to the students.
- Two certificate courses on Human Rights and Gandhi are there in the department
- Conduct of classes regularly.
- Maintenance of internal assessment as per the requirement of the syllabus.
- Organise departmental seminars regularly for under graduate level students.
- Involvement of faculty in extension and co-curricular activities.
- Organised National Seminars, workshops funded by different funding agencies like, UGC, ICSSR etc.
- Participation of faculty in faculty development programme.
- Maintenance of teacher and Student Diary.
- Conduct of classes for the students of six month certificate courses on Gandhi and Human Rights.
||TOTAL SEATS ALLOTED
|B.A. Non-major/Generic Elective (per class)
RESEARCH ACHIVEMENTS OF THE FACULTY