DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
Year of establishment: 1988
The subject Economics was started from the time of inception of the college in the year 1988 and
the subject is being tought as one of the optional subject under Dibrugarh University. Initially the department was started with
H.S course in the academic session 1988-89.After two years the department was started to be taught at under graduate level with
the prior permission of D.U. in 1990-91.
- The department has a well accommodated class room for major course students.
- The department has initiated a nucleus library with 116 nos. of books and other reading materials besides having 560 nos of books and reference books as well as 13 nos of regional and national journals of the department in the central library.
- The department has been provided financial assistance to poor and meritorious students for degree level on the expense of the departmental teachers.
- Special offer awarded to the student who secured more than 80% of marks and 1st class in degree level in the subject.
- The department offers remedial teaching for poor learners.
- The department has subscribed two periodicals free for students.
- Provision of cluster guidance and counseling for students..
- One wall magazine namely �Jagaran� published annually.
- Two fieldtrips have been organised in every year to aquire the practical knowledge of the socio-economic condition of the society.
- At least two departmental seminar has been conducted during a academic session.
- One departmental excursion among the students of degree level .
||TOTAL SEATS ALLOTED
RESEARCH ACHIVEMENTS OF THE FACULTY